Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crack in my windshield about 2 feet long on the passenger side. Will it pass tech? I did a google search nhra rules. I finally bought some 255 50 16 et streets. The nittos always spun. Should I drop them to 18 psi dry hop or back into the water box then try to heat smoke them a bit? How low of a psi can I run these? Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would have to say that a 2' crack in your windshield would not pass tech! Our local track gave me crap about a little ding in mine. I would throw about 15-16lbs into those tires and try that out and go down from there as needed. I know with my 15" et streets I ran them as low as 11lbs. Definetly use the water box and smoke em if you got em (I'm exagerating a bit)! It's going to be like night and day compared to the Nittos. Just get that foot to the floor as soon as you launch or you will be picking your teeth out of the staring wheel after!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I passed tech at my local track with a cracked windshield, but that was MY local track. Also, my ET streets didn't hook untill the 3rd pass so get them good and hot. Don't dry hop them either, believe it or not that takes the heat out of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts