Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned and loved the heck out of racing my little 91 5 speed gt. basically a stock lower end with a good top end package, a shot of nitrous, gears, control arms, and it does pretty well at the eighth mile track I go to during the summer months for the small amount invested especially.

Of course, I want more, meaning either swapping to a 351w made into a 408, or a dart based 363. Since this will be quite a bit of money, I can't help but wonder how a coyote swapped fox would compare. I rode in a buddy's completely stock coyote motored 70 2wd short wheelbase F100, and was absolutely surprised on how hard it ran, especially being N/A, and through mustang manifolds.

I don't want to go the LSX based fox, but this coyote engine really has me thinking. What would be the outcome on a 363 based fox with a 100 shot of nitrous vs. a coyote with a similar shot? This is based on the average 363/408 build with good heads, matching cam, etc. in similar cars. I know the coyote would be smoother idling , and probably more street friendly, but I'm not too concerned, as long as the 363/408 could stay running, and not over-heat.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also what transmissions are popular with these motors in a fox?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will drive to, and from the track without a trailer, and hopefully pull down pretty decent numbers while at the track. I'm pretty fond of an od transmission for limited highway use, especially with 4.10 gears, on a 26" tire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts