Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done with a Coyote swapped Foxbody for a customer. Figured I'd post it if anyone needs any ideas on their swap.

2012 Coyote, 6R80 trans, Hooker long tubes, Dakota Digital gauges with the brain & BIM-01-02 module under passenger seat, Lokar sport tap shift shifter, rear mount battery, ECU and harness from Power by the Hour and a final tune by VMP.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,747 Posts
that is a very professional looking install, nice work

one question, about the air filter, is there a way to make it a cold air?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a very professional looking install, nice work

one question, about the air filter, is there a way to make it a cold air?
Thanks Indy! Not anymore, we installed a VMP Gen2R blower package and the intake tube is freakin huge. I suppose anything is possible but the customer is happy. Did 560hp rwhp on VMP's dyno thru a 6R80 and the smallest pulley they have which is an 85mm ~8psi.

We also have outfitted it with a hydrooost master from a 98gt being fed by a 2005 Volvo S40 electric power steering pump. The customer had installed a Strange manual brake master before we got to it and it had very little braking power. Now the brakes work great. We had to T the high pressure pass thru into the low pressure return as he has a manual steering rack in it. Setup is working great.

Video of new setup with VMP Blower and Hydroboost:

Video of dyno pulls and first track pass, [email protected]

VMP recently did a small feature on it as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
21,747 Posts
is it the donkey dik tube?

all things being equal, with the hood closed I see the IATs rising and knock sensors intervening a bit sooner

just me, but with that type of work spent, that little extra, like putting that filter in the fender would have completed it......

just hate seeing filters in the engine bay, so 60s

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nice build! What kind of clearance is there on the passenger framerail with the hooker headers? I have BBK and the are very close to the frame. 1/4” max

·
Formerly known as jbj302
2,730 Posts
Nice build. I just picked up a coyote engine this past weekend, and I plan on searching for the parts to do a swap on my ‘88 coupe. It has a perfectly running 347, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice build! What kind of clearance is there on the passenger framerail with the hooker headers? I have BBK and the are very close to the frame. 1/4â€ÂÂ� max
Thanks! They are close but they fit and are not touching. I dont have an exact measurement.

Nice build. I just picked up a coyote engine this past weekend, and I plan on searching for the parts to do a swap on my ‘88 coupe. It has a perfectly running 347, but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! If you’re going this route just be prepared to drop some coin. It is not a cheap endeavor. I can answer any questions you have regarding the swap if u need help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts