Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 03 GT with a Procharger D1SC unit on it. I have a coupe of questions.

The recirculate valve is just vented not recirculated, is this good, bad, or doesn't matter, should I reconnect it?

I was thinking about getting an Anderson power pipe for it also is there much advantage to using one over the stock Procharger set up? Also would this cause the car to need to be retuned? The PO said it is around 11lbs boost. I haven't had a chance to get it on the road due to the winter weather here.

Is there anything particular I need to do with the to vent the crank case, my old 86 with a Vortec on it I vented both valve covers to a catch can. I doesn't leak any oil so I am ok to assume it is ok, I think it just has the stock PCV system.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
is it set up for blow through or draw through maf?

if your car has the heated pvc system then leave that hooked up to the elbow but you can vent the driver side cover to the atmosphere or to a breather tank if you want.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is blow through mass air, and it is heated PCV. That is new to me I did not know it was heated, why do they heat it?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
you can leave the valve open then. its acting more as a bov then a re-circulation valve. I honestly dont know much about it myself lol just googled this

Currently, Ford uses heated and non-heated PCV valves. The purpose of the PCV heater is to prevent the PCV valve from freezing in cold ambient temperatures. Heated PCV valves are heated either by water or electric. Water heated systems use engine coolant to heat the valve to prevent freezing

·
Registered
775 Posts
The passenger side fender will need to be cut to put the filter inside. Cooler air helps, and no re-tune needed. If the PCV is working leave it.

I had my bypass vented to atmosphere a couple times, the wooshing sound gets annoying after a while (for me) so it's routed back to the intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts