Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These night events aren't all that common, but this is Phoenix, and it's ****in' hot already, so the various organizations do what they can rather than sit on our hands til October. Track went live at 8 PM, done by 11 PM, and it was still running hot.

Apologies in advance for the ####ty audio, I'm sending this camera back.

In the first vid, I'm running down a guy in a C6 ZR1 corvette. First lap is my fastest lap of the night. He's only been doing this a year or so, otherwise there'd be no catching him.

In this vid, there's no catching the '67 Camaro with a heads/cam LS3 conversion and tons of suspension goodies. Dude was experienced and fast. I'm a little closer to the '71 Camaro, with a 400 of some sort and again lots of suspension goodies. He's been getting it dialed in for about 3 years and it's running pretty strong.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
That is pretty cool they do that. Not sure anyone up here does night time racing like that, but we don't have near the heat you guys get either.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
MFE - Your first clip isn't the right link (it's the same as the second clip). What camera are you using with the poor audio?

Pretty cool to see some older "g-machines" out there on track. I see all sorts of articles about cars like that in Hot Rod and online, but really haven't seen any at any of the events I've attended.

Trackdaze had a night event (well, twilight) scheduled at VIR for August, and I was looking forward to signing up, having seen night clips from MFE and a few others over the years. But a couple months ago they updated their calendar and it's no longer a twilight event. Ah well...

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooops...video is fixed, thanks.

The camera is a ching-chong GoPro knockoff. A friend of mine has one and it's great, but this one blows and is going back. I wish my old GoPro 3 would still charge when it's plugged in but there's a broken solder inside it like they all get eventually, that I don't have the knowledge or patience to try to fix.

And yeah, I have to chuckle when I hear people say cars like those Camaros are ####ty on road courses. There's so much suspension for them now, and powerplants are pretty easy to develop, there's no reason they can't be great on track. The orange one is somewhat of a father/son project, and even has working A/C.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Awesome videos MFE, I always love watching a lowly fox mustang chase down, or at least hang with, much more expensive iron.

On a side note, I've had real good luck with the Audio-Technica ATR3350iS external mic with my GoPro2...I'm on my second one, only because I accidentally yanked on the cord and destroyed the first one.

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of my cams have external audio input though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts