Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a used on3 kit and I'm trying to determine how old it is..on the new kits I've seen a different wastegate location..here's mine

Also would that affect the performance of the wastegate being further from the actual exhaust flow..

Another thing I plan on replacing the wastegate after I get the car running
U am looking at this turbo smart ultra gate on b&g's website it's a 38mm one..are those quality wastegates? And will it be the one I need?

Ultra-Gate38 Black [TS-0501-1011] - $269.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
looks like one of the first Gens....and depending on boost level, that will affect it a little

turbosmart stuff is top quality...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like one of the first Gens....and depending on boost level, that will affect it a little

turbosmart stuff is top quality...
Alright..I think it's mild steel hot side..

Ok cool I'm gonna order the wastegate..

I'm also looking at ordering a new turbo..that comp oiless seems like a nice concept..how do you like it? Do they make a 70 mm version?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if I removed that piping that went to the wastegate and just bolted the wastegate directly on the header ..that way I could run the vacuum line from the turbo housing right to the wastegate and have the best reference source..I don't see the need for tell at pipe?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Alright..I think it's mild steel hot side..

Ok cool I'm gonna order the wastegate..

I'm also looking at ordering a new turbo..that comp oiless seems like a nice concept..how do you like it? Do they make a 70 mm version?
Comp makes great turbos but they are expensive. ..a 70mm master power is fine..or honestly the 70mm on3 turbo is ok as well...
And yeah, u can shorten that WG runner..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Comp makes great turbos but they are expensive. ..a 70mm master power is fine..or honestly the 70mm on3 turbo is ok as well...
And yeah, u can shorten that WG runner..
Yea maybe ill come across a master power t70 I looked for one new but I ended up at magnum turbo site and masterpower is longer..I might even try on3 ceramic ball bearing turbo ..idk I'm gonna run the on3 turbo for now but with turbosmart wastegate and bov

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
definitely remove the wrap off the headers! Too much opportunity for rust

1 - 9 of 9 Posts