Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

When you remove the airbags, will it set the Check Engine light or only the SRS light? I've read the process on removing the driver's side one, seems easy. How about the passenger side? Does just the bag come out or do I need to replace the cover there too? Where's the PCM for the SRS, and the 2 front sensors? I'm also looking at removing the cruise control since I have never used it before and would like to get an aftermarket steering wheel. What can I remove that's only cruise control related? I don't plan on selling the car until I drive it into the grave, so I'm not worried about resale value. As usual, TIA

·
Registered
174 Posts
The cover is integral to the airbag itself. The only way to get rid of the driver's side is to replace the wheel with an aftermarket one. The passenger airbag cannot probably be removed without fabricating something to cover the opening.

Ditto on the cruise control. It'll go away when you replace the wheel.

But really, why would you want to ditch the airbags?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I decide to dedicate the car to the strip, I'm going to. Not sure yet though.

Lon

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hmmm. Accidents still happen sometimes at the strip. Unless I was really making it a race car (to the point where it would be nearly impossible to return it to near-stock condition), I don't think the airbags weigh enough for me to feel the need to eliminate them.

But since it's your car, that's your choice. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts