Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen people talk about this on corner carvers, and found a thread from 2009 on the svt forums, but I havent seen a definitive answer.

Is it possible to crossfit calipers or even rotors from another manufacture's product onto a 5 lug mustang spindle?

The reason that I'm asking is that I see so many brembo calipers taken from STI's, WRX's, SRT8 Chargers etc, on the secondary market and I would love to be able to mount something like that and keep my 17 inch 95 cobra r's.

It is my understanding that the 2K Cobra R used the same brembo calipers as some corvettes, lotus', early vipers and svt focus even read that these are the same calipers used on the rear of the F50 ferrari. So I started searching about potential compatibility and found a thread where a guy claimed to have performed a simple modification to the spindle to allow him to mount STI/WRX calipers. Have any of you guys tried this? Is it feasible?

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
I think the primary concern with front caliper swaps is matching the total piston surface area to the rear set-up unless that is custom too. For example, lot of discussion on why the 73mm SVO caliper piston is a bad match for any other caliper except the 54mm rear SVO caliper. I believe the reason the 2K Cobra R Brembo caliper works so well on other sn95 mustangs (and converted Foxes) is that it is matched to the stock factory configuration eventhough it has a four piston caliper. That wouldn't necessarily be the case for those other Marc's calipers.

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
What is the savings for the hassle, Yes most 00R brembo kits are a grand. But you can still find them for $500. I did and I still see them around for the same cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts