Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After carrying a 5" kimber 1911 for nearly 20 years I'm ready for something not so damn hefty.

I prefer the trigger of the kimber 1911 but damn there are no officer sized pistols for a reasonable price that I've seen. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Light with reasonable capacity Sig P365. I believe that all the bugs have been beat out of that to where it's basically a gen 2 model now. Ours has been perfect. The trigger is really really nice.

Second really light but less capacity would be M&P Shield in 9mm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Smith & Wesson SD40VE is my choice of carry weapon. I purchased mine, brand new, for $289 when they first came out. I believe they are going for about $389 currently. It does also come in 9mm, the SD9VE.

The only thing I didn't care for is the 2-piece trigger, and there is a kit that is easily installed. The slide has nice serrations on the front and rear for quick engagement and target aquisition.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm considering one of those as they are cheap and light weight as well. I want a an officer 1911 or kimber raptor but man I just don't see spending 700-1100 on a small carry pistol even if I don't care for the triggers.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Light with reasonable capacity Sig P365. I believe that all the bugs have been beat out of that to where it's basically a gen 2 model now. Ours has been perfect. The trigger is really really nice.

Second really light but less capacity would be M&P Shield in 9mm.
+1 on the Sig 365. I carried a Kimber Tactical Ultra II for many years and still do sometimes, but really liked the Sig 365 and Glock G43. I'm a sig guy at heart though, and it shoots better for me so it was a no-brainer to get the 365. Any and all "bugs" have been worked out, and the gen 1 guns can't even be found for sale anymore, so don't believe anything bad you may hear about it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I wanted a Glock 19 but I have small hands so it felt like I was holding a 2x4. I just picked up my new M&P 2.0 compact this morning. Same size as the Glock but feels great in my hand. Got a smoking deal on it used also but it arrived and was practically brand new.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanted a Glock 19 but I have small hands so it felt like I was holding a 2x4. I just picked up my new M&P 2.0 compact this morning. Same size as the Glock but feels great in my hand. Got a smoking deal on it used also but it arrived and was practically brand new.
Just ordered the S&W M&P 2.0 40 for 299.

Funny note I was in your area 3 weeks ago. Port Wentworth visiting a friend of mine to celebrate my 40th.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ruger LCP with a pocket knife style screw-on clip. I throw it in my front pocket on the clip if wearing a top that is not tucked in. If not, I don't use the clip and drop it in my pocket. The trigger pull is hideous, but that is really the only safety on the gun. I bought a used one for $300 when they first came out, but now you can buy them brand new for less than $200 with an "enhanced trigger".

It is the size of a cell phone and fits my hands well. Crimson Trace and others make nice molded lasers for them that blend in smoothly with the front of the trigger guard (much like the Bodyguard).

I will not carry something that I cannot conceal and having a .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at the house.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ruger LCP with a pocket knife style screw-on clip. I throw it in my front pocket on the clip if wearing a top that is not tucked in. If not, I don't use the clip and drop it in my pocket. The trigger pull is hideous, but that is really the only safety on the gun. I bought a used one for $300 when they first came out, but now you can buy them brand new for less than $200 with an "enhanced trigger".

It is the size of a cell phone and fits my hands well. Crimson Trace and others make nice molded lasers for them that blend in smoothly with the front of the trigger guard (much like the Bodyguard).

I will not carry something that I cannot conceal and having a .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at the house.
The weight and profile is AMAZING.

The staple gun type trigger is very, very bad

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm very happy carrying my Para Ordnance Expert Carry 1911 45 ACP. Same size as a Colt Defender. Sports an alloy full size frame, and a 4lb trigger out of the box. Shoots amazingly accurate for a 3.5 inch barrel. Paired with an Alien Gear IWB holster for summer and an OWB for winter carry.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I’ve been eyeing this piece. Compact 1911 next

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Kahn P45 with IWB. I like the Kahr due to the bigger grip than most carry pistols. I don't like having my pinky finger hanging off the bottom.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts