Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be a few members on here who are from SoCal. Does anyone know of a shop that can do a good corner weight balancing for the car? So far the only place I know of is Road Race Engineering, but they are kinda far, don't really want to drive that much.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Derrin has scales. I'll call him and check. Gotta go there anyway in a week for the bumpsteer install.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Here's what an EP National Champion (Chris Raglin) from another fourm I'm on has for a set up......
EPcivic said:
Here's what I use.

Six $4.00 bathroom scales from Big Lots and a wood frame to allow the car to be rolled on and off and to allow the scales to be leveled. It actually works quite well. Seems to be repeatable to within 7-10lbs on the total weight. As a reference, SCCA's scales this weekend at the Huntsville National Tour read my car to be 1552lbs on Saturday and 1563lbs on Sunday. I did not add fuel or make any changes to the car, so I don't know what thier variability was from, but that was on an expensive set of scales. I think my scales showed the car to weigh 1550 or so.

-Chris
I'm planning on using this setup one my car is finished. I'll probably have to go with 8-10 scales instead of 6, for 2700 lbs.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
West End Alignment in Gardena. They do tons of race alignment there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If Wild Pony (Vicky) can't help you, Brian @ B&D Racing has scales

1 - 7 of 7 Posts