Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all cooling mods do you believe are necessary for road race/autocross on a daily driver car. I live in so cal so wherever i would go would be damn hot. thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I haven't needed any on my 99 for autox. I live in N. FL and run the AC while sitting in the grid line. Have done 1 open track event and saw no temp problems there either.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
As Han Solo said, for auto-x you really shouldn't need any cooling additions at all.

For open tracking, a good oil cooler might not be a necessity, but it's certainly a smart idea. A real water temp gauge (rather than the stocker) and an oil temp gauge would also be good to have so you can see how the car's really doing. There have been a number of threads on here detailing how to go about setting up a proper oil cooler - just search around and you should find good info.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I am a firm believer in the Redline Water. And when I say I use it alot..........I have like ALOT "mixed" with the coolant/water. It workded great in a supercharged NON-intercooled Acura Integra I used to have. The GT had about 500 miles on the car when I dumped about 3 bottles in the coolant.

Better safe than sorry....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts