Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a single turbo Mod motor in my Fox. The turbo is mounted in the front of the motor. I had to move my electric fan over and close to the bottom of the radiator. Basically half the radiator doesn't have any fan. I have an intercooler and the trans cooler mounted in front of the radiator as well. I am having an overheating problem, and think it may be that I don't have enough fan. I don't know what kind of fan or CFM it has, so I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for a fan or what kind you guys run? I would like to run a dual but I don't think I have the room to do that. I may have 2-3 inches between the turbo and the radiator. I am not running a thermostat, cause my hot side take up all the space where it went.
Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
651 Posts
take the fan off search for part numbers google them if you find them. if you cant find them or you find that its not enough call summit and tell them your needs and id probably bet they could find you a single fan and a controller to cool that thing down. also make sure you have a full shroud around your fan and it is butted up to the radiator if there is a gap between the two it will just suck air around the rad. instead of through it. not having a t.stat could be killing you as well ive seen cars without them that run a 160 all the time and ive seen cars without them that wouldnt stay cool but they were all dirt track sbc cars.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will try that. Trying to run a fan with a shroud is going to be an issue. I don't think I will be able to fit in between the turbo and the radiator. I will remove fan and measure to see what can be done. Thanks again

·
Registered
413 Posts
Try some sort of heat shield. My brother had the same problem. He put a heat shield in between the turbo and radiator and it helped a good bit but didn't fix it as he had other problems also.
Luke

·
Registered
651 Posts
you should also get a turbo blanklet and wrap all of your hot pipes with header wrap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wont get a chance till Monday to mess with car to check if there is air in the system, or take the fan I got now off to identify. I will keep you guys posted. I will check out those SPAL fans as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts