Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are powder coated and chromed coolant tubes available on eBay. These are OEM cores which have been treated. How do the o-rings hold up to this? Does anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would hope that they were disassembled and replaced with new o rings if going through that process.

Take it for what its worth but I have purchased brand new repro's from LMR and it was bad directly out of the box. I have since resorted to carefully opening up the tube end and removing the mangled o rings and replacing them. It can be done successfully.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would hope that they were disassembled and replaced with new o rings if going through that process.

Take it for what its worth but I have purchased brand new repro's from LMR and it was bad directly out of the box. I have since resorted to carefully opening up the tube end and removing the mangled o rings and replacing them. It can be done successfully.
I've had a powder coated coolant tube sitting on my shelf for two years and I'm in the middle of replacing a failed intake gasket. I guess I'll fill the cooling system and pressure test it right after I install the powder coated coolant tube. I'd hate to install the upper and all of the wiring and have to pull it again...

If I have to rework this, what size are the o-rings and where did you source them? Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotta love 100 O-rings for $1.10! Did you order up?
It looks like I don’t need to do an O-ring install, as the coolant tube isn’t leaking.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts