Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
We do.

Any subframe connector should fit on a convertible, but the installer is going to have to cut and weld some of the convertible reinforcements plates to install the subframe connectors.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Does anyone know who makes convertible specific subframe Connectors?
I have maximum motorsport connectors on my 93 vert..it is a different part number for vert but they do make them and they are awsome.i instantly noticed that they stiffen up the car.. no more squeeks and rattles.and turns are really tight feeling, these are vert specific..i really dont know what the difference is because ive never installed on a hardtop..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks guys. I swore I seen them before they came beefy re enforcement plates that the verts have with them. Obviuosly I was dreaming!!!

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Older versions of the MM FLSCs had different versions for the convertible and hardtop models. For a couple of years now, we combined them into one model that fits both applications.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Older versions of the MM FLSCs had different versions for the convertible and hardtop models. For a couple of years now, we combined them into one model that fits both applications.
Very cool to get a response straight from the source!!! Thanks!!! I have sent you a pm regarding pricing and shipping.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Personally, I think I'm going with the Global West extreme matrix subframes that also tie into the rocker panels. Convertibles need all the strength they can get. I think the Griggs upper and lower arrangement is very strong, but makes the rear footwells virtually unusable.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have maximum motorsport connectors on my 93 vert..it is a different part number for vert but they do make them and they are awsome.i instantly noticed that they stiffen up the car.. no more squeeks and rattles.and turns are really tight feeling, these are vert specific..
I had the exact same experience with mine. The MM are qualitypieces.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the Maximum Motorsport Chassis Brace Kit on my 1986 Convertible, some of the best money I ever spent on my vert

The kit consisted of:
Strut tower brace
Full length frame connectors
Lower k-member 4 point brace

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Maximum Motorsport Chassis Brace Kit on my 1986 Convertible, some of the best money I ever spent on my vert

The kit consisted of:
Strut tower brace
Full length frame connectors
Lower k-member 4 point brace
Working towards that one piece at a time. Strut tower brace is next for me.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Personally, I think I'm going with the Global West extreme matrix subframes that also tie into the rocker panels. Convertibles need all the strength they can get. I think the Griggs upper and lower arrangement is very strong, but makes the rear footwells virtually unusable.
I put the KB version of the jacking rails/matrix brace/SFC on my 01 Cobra Vert. Very impressive; when raising the car with this set-up, I can lift three of the four wheels off the ground and still open and shut the doors. However, the jacking rails/matrix braces are illegal for some A/X classes. Since I don't run the 01 in A/X or anything other than DD duty, the extra rigidity is very helpful and recommended so long as class limitations are not a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts