Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for the least invasive roll bar or one that is easily removable for times when the backseats are being used. It's important that it's legal for the track.
Thanks,
FS

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That one looks pretty good. Think it would be possible to to weld studs in for mounting so all I have to do is throw a few quick bolts to put the main bar in the car? I definltly like the removable harness/diagonal bar option. I really do use the back seat quite a bit so I need to be able to get the bar in just before heading to the track, and get it out when I'm done. This might be the solution.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
With the diag/harnes bars removed, there really is no need to remove the "main hoop". I mean, unless you're gonna try and squeeze 3 or 4 fat chicks back there. :evil:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's always a compromise when your motorsports car is also your everything-else-car. The Roll bar is basically for motorsports. For me, the best compromise would be a roll bar that I can remove completely when I don't need it and replace it with the light bar and tonneau for cruising around or nothing at all for nights out with friends.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
with no diag bar or harness bar.........it's no more obtrusive than your light bar. As for the "welding studs in" idea.......it'd be just as easy to nut/bolt the thing as it would like you're talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts