Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone ! i have a 92 gt wich is in the process of having its t5 removed and replaced with a c4 ... my car makes 362 lbs of torque at 4100 and 327 hp at 5300 at the wheels .. this is where the curveball comes in .. those dyno numbers do NOT include the 150 shot of nitrous that i use .. i have been getting alot of different answers on converter size/stall speed .. the ultimate goal is high 10's . it is a full weight gt . also the car only sees about 1000 miles a year so street divability is not a real big concern to me .. any input would be greatly appreciated !!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
With a 150 shot you could get away with a converter not specifically designed for nitrous.Big shot of nitrous require a much tighter converter which then makes the car run slower on motor.If you want to keep the car dual purpose you probably want to stay away from "nitrous" converters.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I would think you would want a 3000 to 3500 stall, this would work well NA and will stall up around 4000 while on the spray. My current stall is 3500 NA but under full power with the blower it stalls at 5000 but because you are only adding a 150 shot it won't be that high.
My 2 pennies. Len

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Call Coan Craig M is who you need to talk with. The ones you are kicking around are WAY to tight. The converter is the most important thing to getting a car to run right.
Mine goes 5800 I shift at 6500 any tighter the car shows big time. I would really like to loosen it up another 100. The hotter the fluid gets the looser the converter is and the better it 60'

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts