Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Contour fans in their 94/95? I'm curious about wiring and mounting.
Thanks!

·
Registered
23,260 Posts
no

buts its just electricity

what are you concerns?

·
Premium Member
5,805 Posts
The wiring for the Contour fans isn't plug and play, so expect doing some additional wiring. The Mark VIII fan is plug and play but the entire shroud has to be shaved down to fit and you need to seal it against the radiator with some rubber trim. Plus you'll need to fab up mounting brackets for the fan and find a location for the overflow reservoir. Another disadvantage of the Mark VIII fan it's larger than any aftermarket radiator and the top portion of the radiator is not getting 100% air drawn thru it. Lately I've been questioning, is it actually better than the stk. 94/95 fan. Going to pull it and do some testing (tough part) against the 94/95 fan in the shop.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wiring for the Contour fans isn't plug and play, so expect doing some additional wiring. The Mark VIII fan is plug and play but the entire shroud has to be shaved down to fit and you need to seal it against the radiator with some rubber trim. Plus you'll need to fab up mounting brackets for the fan and find a location for the overflow reservoir. Another disadvantage of the Mark VIII fan it's larger than any aftermarket radiator and the top portion of the radiator is not getting 100% air drawn thru it. Lately I've been questioning, is it actually better than the stk. 94/95 fan. Going to pull it and do some testing (tough part) against the 94/95 fan in the shop.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer
I don't mind wiring but I do have a concern. My idea is to just use the three wires at the fan plug to connect the Contour fans. I can pick up a pigtail at the boneyard. My concern is using the relays in the CCRM for high and low speed. Are they rated high enough?
I hadn't thought about the overflow bottle. Hmmm....

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts