Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What turbo kit companies should I consider for a quality kit for my '86 Fox Mustang?

Should I consider single or twin turbos? What is the difference beside price?

(1) Looking to keep the A/C if possible.
(2) Don't want to cut the car at all.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Go turbo!! I had a Vortech and a ProCharger. Both made good power 504 and 541rwhp. I went with a Hellion single 76mm turbo kit and made 644rwhp and 700tq with less boost.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go turbo!! I had a Vortech and a ProCharger. Both made good power 504 and 541rwhp. I went with a Hellion single 76mm turbo kit and made 644rwhp and 700tq with less boost.
I'd like to be in the low 600rwhp range with lower boost, so going turbo is very enticing... I'd like to build a nice stroker and then swap to the turbo setup since I'll need to change the exhaust. With the blower, I'm just worried about trying to squeeze a decent amount of boost out of a blower and have front main bearing / crank issues with a tight belt. Plus, it'll be nice to have an all engine sound at idle since the blower whine is less than desirable on occasion.

I need a nice, clean kit that I can make show quality where I can keep my A/C. Not concerned about the smog pump, but A/C and power steering is critical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts