Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of finally going to a stand alone for my car (See signature). Looking for experiences, recommendations, etc. Leaning towards a Big Stuff 3. But I want to hear what people think about the BS3, Fast, Accel, Megasquirt, and AEM. Please rant if necessary....This is an expensive investment and I am hoping to maximize the power in my car with good driveability. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm running xfi 2.0, car runs great. You cant go wrong with any of the top systems like fast or bs3 etc. It all comes down to who's tuning it. Cal Hartline tuned my car and have no complaints. My car is a streetcar and part throttle driveability was what I was looking for.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm running xfi 2.0, car runs great. You cant go wrong with any of the top systems like fast or bs3 etc. It all comes down to who's tuning it. Cal Hartline tuned my car and have no complaints. My car is a streetcar and part throttle driveability was what I was looking for.
I called Cal Hartline and talked to him before i made my decision, and he pretty much sold me on the XFI. plus i ran across a helluva deal on a used XFI setup in the classifieds on here that was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
for what its worth i had a megasquirt and strongly DONT recommend it! It's cheap but hard to tune and most tuners seem to have no will to mess with it. I went with a factory computer with a tune my self but I hear great things about the fast and BS3 also.

·
Registered
691 Posts
XFI here. Been a great system, but thinking about selling it. Hit me up if you go this route. Build date dec 2010. 2.0 loaded. Great system, just want to go back to a blow thorugh. BS3 or XFI will work well for you.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Yeah if u want ur pocket way lighter for no reason run those...otherwise Megasquirt 1,2 or 3. They all do the same #### except 1 of them is more customizable and cheaper. Just google all the options.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
how is the PMS holding you back?

·
Registered
691 Posts

:rofl:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah if u want ur pocket way lighter for no reason run those...otherwise Megasquirt 1,2 or 3. They all do the same #### except 1 of them is more customizable and cheaper. Just google all the options.
How fast are people going with MS? Im just curious, I gave a quick look at it before I sprung for XFI, didnt see a lot of cars running in the 8s with MS and that was one reason I steerd away.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
How fast are people going with MS? Im just curious, I gave a quick look at it before I sprung for XFI, didnt see a lot of cars running in the 8s with MS and that was one reason I steerd away.
Where did u look? Try the turbo forums. All the softwares are the same...they do the same stuff. If u have the power to run 8s I doubt software is what is gonna hold u back.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Where did u look? Try the turbo forums. All the softwares are the same...they do the same stuff. If u have the power to run 8s I doubt software is what is gonna hold u back.
Been a long time member on TF and I still do not see many fast MS cars. When Brian Macy gives an opinion, I listen. Here is some good stuff.

ms vs big stuff

Again not saying its a bad system, it has goods and bads, but you dont see many records being set with MS.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts

The efi system is another tool in the tool box, guys can make anything fast. I think people with real tuning knowledge would pass out if they saw the text I highlighted of yours. It's just not that simple.

BS3 is tried and true..many BIG name teams/racers run it. Speaks for itself.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts