Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TennGT (aka Jed) contacted me through the corral 3 years ago to ask about getting involved in autocrossing in this area, as he had just moved here, and fresh back from a tour as a Major in the Army in Iraq. He came to a meeting and dove right in, autocrossing like mad for two seasons and even graciously letting me and KC LX slap his mustang around at an event when ours was down for repairs. Next thing you know, he's looking for bigger rock for his go-fast crack pipe and sets his sights on road racing.

He took that same New Edge SOHC mustang and prepped it for SCCA ITE racing, where he proceeded to kick ass and take names, building friendships with his crew (headed by fellow corraler ramnstang) and others along the way. He accumulated enough points in his rookie season to be deemed Rookie of the Year by the region, just in time to get transferred to Colorado and get called back to action in Afghanistan.

Raise a glass to Jed TennGT, job well done and come home safe to race some more.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Man, thats great. I wish I could have his "stick to it" attitude. Wish him the best of luck in the Army, and his future car activities.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats to Jed on the title! Thanks for your service to our country too.

·
Corral Day Kittah
16,060 Posts
Han Solo said:
Congrats to Jed on the title! Thanks for your service to our country too.
:salute: Great job, Major! :salute:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks! Much appreciated, it was a great season. I had a great crew, friends and family - the only thing you do alone in racing is get behind the wheel, everything else is a team effort. Looking forward to getting back to the states and getting behind the wheel again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts