Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tail lights have had issues with condensation for a few years amd I've tried several fixes but haven't been successful. j Anyone know a fix for this problem? Any informatikon w ould be appreciated.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been doing adhoc pressure testing.. and I'm starting to believe the lights are leaking at the light sockets. When I pulled them out they had water in them and there's really no where else the light can leak other the pressure tubes and then the water would have to go uphill.

If the water is getting in via a bulb socket, then those light grey rubber seals are probably the issue.

Any thoughts? ANd anyone know where to get new seals without buying all new connectors?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And also.. anyone have a passenger side rear tail light for a 99-2004 Cobra that won't cost me my left nut? There is so much fungus in mine that even a few hour soak in a bleach solution isn't knocking it off.

I think I found the seals for a reasonable price ($5.54ea) but won't know for sure until the arrive.

The last time I had so much trouble with lights and with replacements nearling $1000 for a mediocre set was my E-34 that had the European halogens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts