Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on doing a budget diy turbo kit on a 93 lx. What is the best and most economical way of tuning the car. I looked into the tweecer kit and the wideband kit. I would love to do most of it myself without dynotuning. I want a safe tune even if it means losing a few hp. Is it possible to tune the car myself with the right equipment. I would appreciate any help on this

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use the pms and a wideband, but others will say it is better to be safe and go to the dyno the first time to set an initial tune and then go from there.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is gonna be taken to the track. I dont plan on just messing with numbers, but if I can download a base tune and go from there with some track time. Just looking for some info on what works. thanks again

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
By the time you buy a tweecer/wideband you have more into that then a good tune.lol

The cheapist option I came up with is getting it tuned, but I have yet to do so. I just keep driving it lol

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Tweecer and WB here. I love it and can change between 4 tunes at the flip of a switch. Its great if you plan on making changes to the car on a regular basis.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The cheapest way to go, if you are willing to learn, is EEC Tuner. Others are more expensive, but just as good. PMS, Tweecer, BS3, MegaSquirt, AMS, etc.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If, after some research through lots of reading, use the forums or boards provided for most of these tuners. They are very helpfull and most people on them are also willing to answer your questions.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks so much for everyones imput. I saw the tweecer r/t is around 550 and the wideband is in the 300 area correct me if im wrong. I wouldnt mind spending that money but it all comes down to what is going to be the most user friendly for a first time tuner. I am a mechanic and understand all the values and what they mean, Im just used to my modis where I cant make any adjustments, It just reads the codes and data. Can I download a base tune that someone makes me with any of the systems or just certain tuners? thanks so much for the help and I look forward to a lil more advice on these questions

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Mega Squirt is well worth it i have it on my turbo setup and it is easy to use and i have a tune for it if you need one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts