Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was rainy/foggy the other night, had to turn on the defroster which turned on the compressor to dry out the air. At an idle when the compressor cycles, the tach drops to like 400rpms and then after about a second or so recovers. I had the car in storage all winter, but don't remember it doing this last summer. The only thing I have done to the car since last summer is added a bassani x-pipe w/cats. However, I doubt the two are related. I also think that I suffer from the famous 'tach dip' when breaking sometimes, but are these two things related? Is there something that is supposed to tell the computer to raise the idle when the compressor kicks on, and for some reason it is just delayed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same problem on my 99. Hopefully someone will have an answer because I want to know also. It seems like it does it after the compressor kicks on then kicks off because when the compressor kicks on the rpm's go up then settle back to where they were, but when it kicks off the rpm's drop down. Weird?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts