Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one guys (hopefully)..... Would 8.3-1 CR be too low even for a boosted car?
Any Pros or Cons?

326ci, afr 185 72cc (will b milled to 68cc) or Might be picking up a set of Vic Jrs 60cc or AFR 185 58cc well after christmas, 67mm or 72mm (havent decided just yet). Let me know what you guys think.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
I would like to see more compression, but it will be nice and safe thats forsure. May be a lil lazy down low but you should be able to let it eat on the boost setting.

I ran a 7.8cr setup and it ran well, ofcourse I did not know the cr was that low untill I tore the motor down and found the piston .030 in the hole :(
But it was fine, and yours will be also. Just leaving potential power on the table, but that can be made up on the top end with boost.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You're gonna have to run high boost.... My car has about that CR with a 78mm turbo. If you were going with a TS blower it would be okay, my car is a pretty big turd down low. But its top end power is pretty solid.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I don't mind a lil lazyness down low, Should help with traction...lol. gonna drop heads off to get them milled this weekend.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I believe u will b just fine. Wasn't to long ago they built turbo or blower street motors that was 8.5.1 compression. It really shouldn't be lazy with the proper tune. Timing and fuel will do very nice things. I would boost the #### out of it with either turbo u suggested

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will be in good shape
Really hoping so. Car might be on the heavy side... fully weighted all option notch. Plan on keeping it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe you will achieve that fairly easy
We will see. Anything faster and I'm forced to cage the car. Not something I want to do right now.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
What block you running?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand when u cage the car if your a do it yourself person make sure u look at Wolfe they make awesome cages
Wolfe.....hmmmmm. Looks like the name on some tubing in my basement..Roughly just over a dozen tubular items and some square plates..., notched and i believe they mount at 10 points. :rolleyes:

Ive had it for quite some time but still debating installing it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts