Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when using the little tool to compress the rear calipers, which direction do you turn it? Dumb I know, but I'd hate to pay for a brake service, unless they could machine bleed all 4 corners too, haha.

I have some pads, and new rotors, and I have a lot to go on each. I tried clockwise with the tool, with the resevoir cap off. I dont think that was right, because they turned, but after 30 minutes, didn't show signs of recession.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That is wierd.

The pistons are essentially sitting on a jack-screw - it will only take several turns and they should be re-seated. If they are spinning and not going back in, they have probably pushed out to far and come off the threads. Try giving them a push to see if they will seat and then turn them (clockwise is correct, just like a screw).

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another problem I have is that the caliper slides both have 1 frozen on each side. Is there any good way to unstick them besides forceful application of hammer?

Or should I just upgrade the rears anyways since I have upgraded the fronts?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oddly enough, they're covered in it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Give the face of the piston a few firm strikes with a soft faced hammer to reseat it. Occassionally, the piston will extend to the point that it becomes unseated. This has worked for me in the past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts