Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So iam building a 410w should be around 550hp 550+ftlbs, using a 9"rearend. I got real good price on basically a comp enginerering complete rear suspension. After buying the parts I am really having second thoughts about using any of it. Just wanting some opinions on the parts, main concern is the coilovers and ARB, im assuming the control arms will be ok...

Uppers with sperical bushings (C8005)
Lowers (C8007)
AntiRollbar (C2020)
Coilover kit with 3100lb springs

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I have non adj boxed polyurethane lowers. They've been on the car for over 6yrs. No cracks or bends. I'm happy with them.

My uppers are double adjustables with spherical bushings on the chassis side. The welds look nice. I haven't been to the track yet with the uppers yet.

-Mark

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
The ARB's are pure junk. They flex as if you have no ARB installed at all.

I have no idea about the rest of the parts.

ks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The ARB's are pure junk. They flex as if you have no ARB installed at all.

I have no idea about the rest of the parts.

ks

doesnt Novi357 run a comp engineering ARB? cant be that bad if he is going 8s with one...and it has 3" tailpipes

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yea, I think he is but last I knew is on 17" DR's so he probably isn't stressing the ARB that much. He can chime in and fill in the details.

In this thread XJHEAD posted a pic of how much his bar flexed so you can judge for yourself:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1000845&highlight=ARB

I diagnose this issue several times a year with those ARB's and the "fix" is to weld a piece of 1" angle iron across the main bar from down link to down link to help make the bar more rigid.

hth's
ks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The coil over kit that I got is part number 2051, it says its for drag race only and not street use, i still not sure why that is??? any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would the shocks be to stiff for the street and get to hot?? is that why they only recommend drag use???

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I have no clue. I would call them and ask them.

KS

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Sell it all and give Kevin$ a call, he will make you car hook.
+1 Kevin is the man

atleast sell the ARB and go with Kev's Baseline stuff

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have the Pro Launch #2 with the 5/8 upgrade and his ARB. His stuff is top notch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts