·
Registered
1,133 Posts
ok

Reactions: thadude

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe timing chain tensioners or lifters. What kind of oil filter are you using? I only use the Motorcraft Ford one due to the anti-drain back valving in it. It sounds like your valve train is dry on start if its not the chains.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
where the &8jj is the question?

im with Decipha............'ok'

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K&n filter 5w20 oil full synthetic. If it was the timing chain, I would think I would hear the noise coming from the timing cover right. I was told not to get a cheap filter. No ok be ever said it had to be a motorcraft.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Make sure the oil filter has an anti-drain back valve, if it doesn't the filter will be empty every time you start the car. Motorcraft filters have this valve in them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any way to see if the timing chain has slack in it with out taking timing cover off? In not long get the car. I did not notic the tap/rattle till I changed my oil 5w20 full synthetic.it had a fram on it so that's what i put back on. Then heard the rattle so I did some reading up. Saw the thing about the anti drain bike valve and to make sure i got a good filter so i put k&n on it. Also did by spark plugs and doubled checked they are tight.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
Did you just buy this used, and this was the first oil change?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeas been sitting up for a min because of fuel pump. A old man had it. I took valve cover off. Every thing looks good on driver. Idk about passages side yet. I think it would be wise to re torque the bolts

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
re type that, so I can understand what you are trying to convey

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found problem. Bought the best plugs autozone offered for my car. They were a hair to long end of the spark plug was hitting the pistion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put my original spark plugs back in and the problem was gone I thought. Sounds like I can still hear it a little sometimes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts