Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know which gives out more hp, it doesn't matter about which costs more or is harder to do, i need to know the hp differences. Also, for ram air, do you know of any sites or companies that make ram air kits for my stock hood on a 96 cobra?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Ram air for the stock hood would be very ineffective. I doubt that the way the hood is shaped that there would be enough air pressure to actually force air into the intake ducting. Plus you would have to do some really tricky custom ducting to get it all to fit and work. WAAYYY too much work for something that isn't even proven to work.

I have had ram-air on my car and I personally feel that my CAI kit is a much better mod than my ram-air kit was. Just ask my buddy that I always race against... he would tell you my current setup runs stronger than my ram-air setup.

I have the Densecharger CAI and Power pipe and I feel that they are a good mod for a stang. They will really shine once you address the crappy exhaust manifolds and catted H-pipe.

www.densecharger.com

There are tons of other kits out there, but I personally would avoid a metal "power pipe" or "Cold" air induction kit.

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts