Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a front coilover kit and it came with 14" 200# hypercoil springs. What are these springs good for? Drag, AutoX, all around? Also with a 14" spring will I be able to lower the car a bunch because it seems like a very tall spring. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Drag.

14" @ 200 lb/in will compress to maybe 9-10" on the front, depending how heavy your car is. How much adjustment is there in your perch(es)?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
huesmann said:
Drag.

14" @ 200 lb/in will compress to maybe 9-10" on the front, depending how heavy your car is. How much adjustment is there in your perch(es)?
Ah, you beat me.
I had that spring rate before I went to #325. They were hard on me. But that could have been the strut's too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what size spring and rate would be the best for a street driven car that will maybe be used for some autox on weekends?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So does a 325lb 10" spring sound like a good streetable spring with improvement in handling and I will be able to slam it to the ground? Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Glenn, are you saying that a 325# 10" coilover spring will equate to a harsh ride on the street?

I went with 350# 10" springs with Bilstein HD's.. hope it's not too bad!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have 350lb x 10" springs with Koni SA and firm is a very good description.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glenn said:
Yes, firm, and with Bilsteins not harsh. Just don't slam it or you will regret it. Dropping the car about 1.5" will work well.
That's for sure!

I use 10 inch 325lb spring with Bilstein HD's. I love the ride! Its not harsh at all.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I don't plan on slamming it.. it will retain the same ride height as it does now - possibly a quarter or half inch lower in the front.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thanks Forced.. I am glad now that i went with the good stuff. Although just a few weeks ago i snapped back into reality and realized that the torque arm won't be affordable for a while, i'm just going to get this beast on the road this summer!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts