Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Team Z tubular K along with Maximum motorsports CC plates and Strange 10 struts. When I 1st installed the coilovers i had 12-170's and the front was SLAMMED, I than replaced them 14-150 springs and it's sitting just as low and the spring is at the top of the sleeve...Any ideas?? Everything was installed right.

I was thinking it could be that the car is still full weight, meaning battery is up front along with AC etc..but the spring is made for a 3300lb car :confused: (my car is a 93 Lx hatch).

Any input would be great!

thanks!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
hmm, it shouldn't sit that low with a 150. I have 130s on mine and can get it to stock ride height. You sure you got 14" and not 12"? Did you measure them?

How long is the coil over sleeve (threads) top to bottom?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, it shouldn't sit that low with a 150. I have 130s on mine and can get it to stock ride height. You sure you got 14" and not 12"? Did you measure them?

How long is the coil over sleeve (threads) top to bottom?
yeah I'm positive they're 14-150's it says it on the spring.

Hmmm I'm not sure about how long the sleeve is. I know Team Z only offers a 12" spring so maybe the sleeve is shorter? i never thought of that i'll double check when i get home..Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
not sure if i can help but when i put a qa1 k member in my car with factory a arms my car with stock springs sits about 2 1/4 inches lower. im sure dave could tell you if the ride height is changed a little with the kmember

·
Registered
297 Posts
The picture below is with 14-175 springs. almost full weight. turbo car, so lots of weight in the front. Same strange struts.

I tried 14-150, it bottomed out like your did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts