Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I just installed a UPR coil over set up with 12-250 springs. I adjusted the collar all the way down to get back to my eibach sportline height, but the car sits about 1/4 in higher then before. Is my length too much?

Should i go with a 10"- 350 spring? The 250s are way too soft anyways.
I m looking to have the ability to tuck the front in for shows while raise it to about flush for driving/autocross. Right now the fender is .5 in above the tire.
I did the math and the results show that a 10-350 would sit the same height as a 12-250...but who knows what reality will get?

Wanted coil overs for the ability to drop for looks then raise for race....i got neither at this point.

Thoughts? how low can u get your set up?
PS i did a search..didnt find much

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glenn said:
I'm running 10" springs on the front of my car and it sits just fine, in fact I had to add some helper springs to keep the spring from leaving the perchs when the car is jacked up. However, my coil overs are not from UPR and I have run 375# and now 425# Hypercoil springs without any other issues.
I run 10" also, they are 350# hypercoil's too.
I don't have the problem as Glenn.
I'm using MM coilover's.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
FORCED87GT said:
I run 10" also, they are 350# hypercoil's too.
I don't have the problem as Glenn.
I'm using MM coilover's.
I don't have a problem, I just had to run the helpers because the high rate springs leave a gap when the suspension is unloaded. That sometimes happens when you lower the car and run a short spring. BTW, mine are MM C/O's also.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glenn said:
I don't have a problem, I just had to run the helpers because the high rate springs leave a gap when the suspension is unloaded. That sometimes happens when you lower the car and run a short spring. BTW, mine are MM C/O's also.
Glenn.... Sorry,
I know exactly what you mean.
When I checked my bumpsteer, I had to always make sure that the spring was seating properly in the upper collar.
Like I said, I didn't mean it as a problem. I just never ran into that issue at the ride height I wanted.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
BlackStripes2000GT said:
Glen, what struts are you using? I have #375s and i really want to go #425, i am just no sure which strut to go.. (sorry for the hijack)
With high rate springs your strut selection becomes quite limited. I'm using Koni DA's. A custom valved Bilstein would also work well I would think. MM does custom valved Bilsteins for high rate springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts