Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is breaking in nicely, it put down 460hp and 400lbs of torque with only 5/6 lbs of boost. I'm trying not to get into it too hard until I get a system. Right now I'm running 42lb injectors, no FMU, and an SHM chip. Should I hook up the FMU just for safety? The shop put that biult/dynoed it said the a/f was safe.

My question is what tuning systems are out there for the 32v motor? Instead of wasting money on a chip I'd like something I can play with when I switch my combo. If I put long tubes on or up the boost I don't want to have to burn another chip. I'd like to spend around $1,000 or less.

Gears - I put 3.73's in and even though they made a pretty sweat improvement I can understand now where the 4.10/4.30 guys are coming from, a cobra rolling at 3000rpm is nothing. I'm still happy with them though, highway blasts are alot more fun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hey vobra:

when you installed your vortech sq did you have any kind of noises, like a knocking sound coming from it especially when the car has been run for a while and the oil is hot.Im trying to figure out if i should send my new vortech back to get it looked at. when i called them they said this is normal.just wondering if yours is quit or does it tap or knock ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts