Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have heard only the FTB (Full Tilt Boogie) 2 pc rotors will clear these 4 piston calipers. Ordering new rotors and DTC60 pads shortly; want to know which 2 pc will work.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
The Cobra R rotors were the same as the regular Cobra rotors, so any 2-piece rotors for a Cobra should fit the Cobra R. What have you read is different about them, and where did you read it?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall, one of the boards or maybe on CC for the AI discussions. My calipers are a little different than the Cobra R's in that they don't have the curved lower clearance but are flat. I recall Darius Rudis put together some 2 pc rotors from a circle track supplier and built them for about half the cost of the standard $600/pr

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Interesting. That difference in the shape could take away just enough clearance where the center hat fasteners would be that it would be a problem.

So what do those calipers come from?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. That difference in the shape could take away just enough clearance where the center hat fasteners would be that it would be a problem.

So what do those calipers come from?
Yea, that's what I'm thinking. No idea -possibly an Alfa Romeo GTV or some other European (sports) car that used the integrated mounting ears. 38 and 42 mm pistons, so the same as the R's. Maybe the caliper shape is a money brake....and will prevent me from dropping more needless dough, lol :D

I see you also have a 'vert set up to be fun and quick. Any tips or experiences you care to share or anything in my build you see that needs attention?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts