Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just toasted one of my OE brembo front rotors. Wondering about any recommendations for a good replacement. Where to get original quality? I have heard that factory replacements are not as good. Any truth?
Summit is selling Cragar cryogenic rotors for a decent price, any feedback?
Wondering how much is to be gained by going to a two piece rotor. Baer eradispeed, $500 for a pair. Worth it?
I use the car on the street and a few open track events per year.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I've seen lots of people recommend Napa / parts store replacement rotors at a good price. They are expensive at all the stores here. I have used the Brembo blanks with great success [/Borat]. They are cheap from the Tire Rack. Others have seen the Brembo blanks crack....

I have separate rotors for the street and track

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm using the Brembo blanks without problems. This is a track only car. I've just installed brake cooling ducts and had to modify the way they blow into the rotor so as not to blow on the surface but into the center.

I know of 2 people who've cracked Brembo rotors on track and they were both using cooling ducts that were blowing partially on the inside face.

I will see how the next few track days go and if they don't crack I will buy new replacement Brembo blanks. $500 is a lot of coin, i'm not sure if it's worth it for mainly a street car with occasional track use.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Or, LMR - they have a little better price on the Brembo blank and fixed shipping which is a little lower than Tirerack. And if you ned anything else from LMR (pads?), order that too and the shipping won't change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts