Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of having my headers re coated they are starting to look a little old. Anyone use Jethot?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was considering having the same thing done from them with my B&G kit but found a local company that offered a very similar coating called Turbo-X. It's not shiny pretty but it has been very effective in keeping the metal free of rust and corrosion, it also cleans up pretty well.

·
Registered
873 Posts
local powder coater that knows what they are doing

ceramic coated

if not local, then send them out

i have always had great luck with jet hot on none turbo cars tho.. just never had turbo headers jet hot coated

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Regular powder coating never seems to hold up very well. That is why I was considering Jethot. I noticed some corrosion inside the pipes and want to get this coated so they will hold up for awhile.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Most companies will not coat the inside of pipes for a turbo car bc if it flakes off there goes your turbo. Just buy a bottle of JetHot its like $25 and put it on with a foam brush. I did my LT's on my car. They HAVE to be sandblasted though to get a rough texture so it has something to stick to or it will flake off like dried up mud.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
i got a quote from JetHot for roughly $750. headers, Dp, crossover, and i believe AR housing. Just to give you an idea of pricing. They stand behind their work. Lifetime warranty.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Any of the spray on coatings degrade over time on super hot turbo hotsides.

Check out:

http://swaintech.com/race-coatings/race-coating-descriptions/white-lightning-exhaust-coatings/

It may not be pretty but it is actual ceramic coating. I think it is in the area of the cost of jet hot and far more appropriate for a turbo hotside.

I have the black ceramic coating from B&G, which for a few hundred has held up ok. If I ever settle down and am sure about the hotside remaining as is for the long term I would go with coating like the link above.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Jet Hot did all of my hot side and cold side. Paid under $700 for everything. Got the polished 1300 coating. I'm very happy with the way everything came out.

·
Registered
737 Posts
nitro plating in nashville tn does great work. my hot side was going to cost 330. local guy did the ceramic silicone powder coat for free to see how it will hold up. so i did not use nitro plate for my turbo car. they do our headers for nos race car holds up great. check out their website.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jet Hot did all of my hot side and cold side. Paid under $700 for everything. Got the polished 1300 coating. I'm very happy with the way everything came out.
How long have you had them? I curious to see how well jethot holds up over a period of a few years.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You got any pics, and did they coat inside of pipe?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sandblast the headers and other stuff you want coated, buy a bottle of JETHOT for like $25 and coat them yourself with a foam brush. I did my longtubes and had over half a bottle left after 3 coats.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You got any pics, and did they coat inside of pipe?
They did coat the insides of all the pipes. I asked about durability and they said they have not had any issues with internal coating in a turbo application. Their coatings have evolved over the years, so the durability is probably better than it was in the past.

The shine of the pipes dulls out after a few years, but the coating itself remains strong. My last set of headers were coated by Jet-Hot and after 7 years, the coating was still in great shape.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice! I like the way the kit is laid out. Custom?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Jet Hot

We are lucky to have Jet Hot about hour away from us, This is all we use for customers that are wanting to get coating done. I had my first gen Hellion kit done recently with the new build.

Thanks,
Chris.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks great!

Did you do inside and out?

What would something like that cost ?

We are lucky to have Jet Hot about hour away from us, This is all we use for customers that are wanting to get coating done. I had my first gen Hellion kit done recently with the new build.

Thanks,
Chris.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris, is that the extreme 1300? I notice the website recommends the extreme 2200 for turbo Alps and was wonder which would hold up better?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts