Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thee are two connectors attaching to this switch.
One has 3 Red/blue wires and I am assuming that this connector is for the starter interrupt.
The other has 4 other wires going to it and I am not sure what it is for. Maybe cruise control?

I am trying to bypass the clutch switch all together as I am swapping in an auto.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
does your wiring diagram not show them?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not been able to find a wiring diagram with both the clutch interrupt and cruise with all of the wires.
Only diagrams I have found show the red/blue for the starter interrupt, but I haven't found a complete diagram that has the clutch interrupt, cruise interrupt, and neutral gear switch.

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
you don't have a proper wiring diagram for auto and manual for your car?

you should be getting the correct harnesses, and not bypassing things

these cars come off the assembly line wired for both, you will need auto harnesses, and probably the ecm reflashed and or other modules.

really not a easy swap.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I do not have a Ford wiring diagram for my car, that is why I am asking here if anybody has the information.

And yes, the car came from the factory with both. From what I have read is the the starter interrupt connector from the factory has a jumper in it and the connector is taped up in the steering column wiring.
The cruise interrupt connector on an auto car is usually taped up under the radio/dash area, but I am not sure if it is factory jumpered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The clutch bypass is pretty simple to find, you just need a multimeter. Most vehicles it will be the 3 wire harness. 1 wire will be to ground, you're looking for the one that goes to ground with the clutch depressed. Connect those 2 and you're set. I had to do the same with my f250, the switch was getting finicky and you had to just about push the pedal through the floor to get it to start. Bypass it with a momentary switch under the dash and life is good. Just as safe as before and 100x easier to start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts