Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so forgive me if this sounds stupid.
My clutch needs to have some adjustment done. I was looking at doing the Steeda kit with the adjustable cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster. I have noticed alot of places just put the adjuster and quadrant together without the cable. Do I need the cable? Or is it just a good idea to do all at the same time? Or can I get away with not doing one part?
Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You do not need the cable. If you do decide to replace it stick with the stock ford cable. Most people have problems with after market cables... On a side note. You can adjust your cable with the stock quadrant. take the floor mat out push the clutch all the way to the floor then put your foot under the clutch and pull it up.
Ryan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1996saleen173 said:
You do not need the cable. If you do decide to replace it stick with the stock ford cable. Most people have problems with after market cables... On a side note. You can adjust your cable with the stock quadrant. take the floor mat out push the clutch all the way to the floor then put your foot under the clutch and pull it up.
Ryan
I tried that but it didn't work. I thought that I would replace everything since right now the pedal rattles around 1400 rpm. Drives me a little nuts. Thought something on the pedal itself was loose but everything was tight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Some cars are adjustable, most are not... you are going to need the clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster and since your at it, get a pedal adjuster to set it at the high you like. Your stock clutch cable will work fine with these parts. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts