Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when in 1st gear going forward and also in reverse when backing up. I only hear one clink, no clink while driving. It sound like a metal touching on something just one time everytime going forward or reverse from a stop. Anyone knows what causing this, you input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am not sure what you are referring to.. Do you mean to say that sometime when you push the clutch in to go into first you hear a CLUNK? I know many 99 and 01 owners with this problem. Currently a bunch of us are working on solving that problem.

After reading your post again, I think we are talking about 2 different things. can you explain a little more!

Shawn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is different

BlackSnake2001

clink noise is coming around the brake area, sounds like a piece of metal part touching something in the brake assembly. I cant figure out the exact location and whats causing it. It does it only once when moving the car from a stop. Thanks

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I remember seeing a post about something like that. Someone was checking the brake hoses I believe for the noises.

I will see what I can find. I don't recall but it was fairly recent.

SHawn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,

any brake expert, please chime in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts