Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a new clutch installed along with a new throw out bearing, bearing retainer and pivot ball stud. Flywheel was resurfaced as well. The problem is it seems when the car warms up I can hear and feel a clicking/ popping noise in the pedal that seems to be coming from the Bell housing. I had someone press the clutch and when I looked at the fork through the hood it seemed to “skip” when making the clicking/popping in the clutch pedal. Clutch otherwise seems normal

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sounds like you might have to pull the trans and see what's up. If its a T5 its not so bad. You may want to verify it's actually in the clutch area by removing the cable and actuating the lever with a prybar or something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still clogging up threads smh.
I have an appointment on the 2nd to get it looked at by a very reputable transmission shop. Instead of posting useless comment after comment like some people I’ll update the thread as to hopefully help someone in the future.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
So what was the popping sound? Mine used to have it on occasion. I thought it was my crappy cable.

·
Registered
447 Posts
While his social skills are severely lacking indy2000 is actually pretty useful if you need repair and troubleshooting help. He doesn't seem to venture much into high performance discussion but if your engine is throwing codes and running terrible he is a handy guy to have around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So what was the popping sound? Mine used to have it on occasion. I thought it was my crappy cable.
Sorry for the delayed response guys. It ended up being no grease on the throw out bearing which was starting to damage the bearing retainer.
Indy man you just be real miserable in real life smh

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
He may be miserable. He might come across wrong. We are all different. Sometimes you have to look past our differences. One thing my dad always taught me was to be careful who you talk down on; you may need them someday. And yes I'm guilty. I ain't perfect either.

Listen to the Indy2000. He knows his stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts