Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 GT. I'd like to switch to an aftermarket EFI system, like FiTech EFI or one of Holley's systems. Which motivates me to clean up the engine bay wiring:

1. I'd like to remove the OEM engine-specific wiring harnesses, like wiring for the injectors, the distributor, IAC, MAF, etc. All of it that I can.

2. I'd like to keep the car-specific wiring harnesses, like for the starter, alternator, CCRM, engine fan, ABS, headlights, etc.

I am not confident the two wiring systems are 100% independent, particularly as so much of the wiring goes behind the fenders and other hidden areas. In some cases they seem to intertwine each other's housing, which suggests that I may need to unpack some housing to separate them.

I have all the electrical schematics for the car, but I can't find a roadmap for the harnesses themselves. How do so many of you clean up your wiring so neatly? Getting rid of what you don't want while keeping the rest fully functional?

Damn its killing me.

·
Registered
23,262 Posts
pull the harness out, follow the diagram, and remove what you don't want,,,,,,,,,

but I have to say, what a waste, going with one of those systems............going backwards.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts