Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, what a jerk off you are! edtootall has an impeccable rep on here and our local board. You are a waste of space.
X2

I didn't realize the car was posted here as well.

I guess this is a reminder that everyone has their own opinion of "CLEAN" or "the cleanest 86 you will find".

And I want to publicly apologize to Matt for causing him this headache and wasting $500+ of his hard earned money.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I offered to give him some of his money back, he told me to F off. Look at the pics!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Car is no longer forsale. Its gonna be used for a 03 cobra swap and is gonna be repainted silver.

Figured i would post some pics of the "dirty seats" and the bad paint. I was told the car had factory paint other then the hood (after market) and hatch.

Just as in all the pictures I got from you, you can't see the paint problems because the sun is washing them out in the pictures. Trust me when I say this everyone, when you look at the car in person you can see the cracks. The OP agreed with me once he "saw" them.

BTW keep the $205.50 which is half of only my fuel costs that you offered. I'd rather have my integrity and feel like I wasn't being paid off. You have a decent '86 GT with paint problems. It's not worth the $7500 I offered and really not the $8k you countered even if the drivetrain is 100% what it's listed.

BTW I noticed you didn't post a picture of the stock hood with the crack running down the entire side of the raised center area. If you're really careful though I'm sure you can take a picture at just the right angle so it doesn't show!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Your the one who told me to pull it in the sun to look at.
I posted the pics so everyone could see. I'm not saying I didn't see them once your pointed them out! All I'm saying is I described the car as I thought it to be.
Sorry you was unhappy with it,

·
Registered
118 Posts
me and everyone at my shop have seen this car several times, im telling you this car is clean. i didnt notice anything wrong with the paint, but it is white. overall this car is very clean ,hell the motor and blower is worth 6500. ive been trying to trade him a coupe for this car. everyone on here knows the risk of buying across state lines. everyones opinion of clean is different. no matter the paint condition the car is worth the money. if the car had a perfect paint job he would get 15k for it. i have personally driven long distances to look at cars and have come home empty handed, thats just part of it. the potential buyer made the decision to go easter weekend, he wasnt forced. i can see the guys argument if the car was a pos, but the overall condition of this car and whats done to it makes it worth the money hands down.

·
Registered
222 Posts
me and everyone at my shop have seen this car several times, im telling you this car is clean. i didnt notice anything wrong with the paint, but it is white. overall this car is very clean ,hell the motor and blower is worth 6500. ive been trying to trade him a coupe for this car. everyone on here knows the risk of buying across state lines. everyones opinion of clean is different. no matter the paint condition the car is worth the money. if the car had a perfect paint job he would get 15k for it. i have personally driven long distances to look at cars and have come home empty handed, thats just part of it. the potential buyer made the decision to go easter weekend, he wasnt forced. i can see the guys argument if the car was a pos, but the overall condition of this car and whats done to it makes it worth the money hands down.
If you didn't notice anything wrong with the paint then you're just asbad as the seller. How can you not tell the difference between an "original" paint job and a ####ty lacquer cracking paint job.

The whole point to this is the car was suppose to have original paint except for the hood and hatch. I would have NEVER driven 800 miles to buy a car for full asking price with a ####ty paint job.

As for the condition of the motor and blower, how do you know? If you can't see a ####ty paint job, who are you do say the motor and blower are good?

I'm a 100% stand up guy. I would NEVER #### anyone over on deal like this. I would NEVER mislead a buyer if I didn't know 100% that the part/car I was selling wasn't good.

The buyer didn't "know" and couldn't "see" the problems until I pointed them out? Really? Any car guy could tell something wasn't right about the paint, if you say different, you're just as full of it as him.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
so you should have bought the car of your dreams for 7500, spent three grand to get it painted, and still had a little over 10.5 in it and would have been damn near perfect. ive looked at all the other 86s on here and for the money nothing compares.

·
Registered
49 Posts
so you should have bought the car of your dreams for 7500, spent three grand to get it painted, and still had a little over 10.5 in it and would have been damn near perfect. ive looked at all the other 86s on here and for the money nothing compares.
I think that he still tried to buy the car for $7500 and the seller countered with 8k.

·
Registered
222 Posts
He wouldn't sell it to me @ $7500. He wouldn't move off the $8000, but after the paint wasn't what he "thought", how could I trust the drivetrain? He said I could have called his "buddy" that built it. Really? I just drove 800 miles to look at what I thought was an original paint '86 (except for the hood and hatch) and it turns out to have a ####ty repaint?

All the seller did is throw some A/C on a car he bought, didn't really know the entire history of and then tried passing it off on me as if he did. He copied the ad from the "buddy" he bought it from. He admitted that while I was standing in his driveway. That information would have been really nice to know 24hrs earlier.

My offer was way more than it should have been once he really didn't know the car as well as he claimed. Say I paid the $8k, then the drivetrain turns out not to be what he said? Then what? I've got an $8k car with bad paint AND drivetrain issues. I wasn't taking that chance.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!

·
Registered
226 Posts
You don't even know what your talking about! I've been on here for years and this the first bad dealings I had.

I didn't try to get over this guy, I feel bad he wasn't happy with the car! YES he did point something's out about the car I didn't know.

I've offered to pay him back some of the money he spent coming down here!

Just keep it to yourself and let me make it right with the guy.
You can make it right by giving back all his money. Since you did not you just lost all of your integrity. Kudos to ed for the heads up.

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you own a car, how do you NOT know when parts/portions have been painted? Especially when it's cracked?

You'd have to be blind or have zero attention to detail. Either way, I'd be wondering about everything else as well.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You don't even know what your talking about! I've been on here for years and this the first bad dealings I had.
BS your word is crap! Yah I have not forgotten that you and I talked on the phone several times and made a trade deal on a different car and you backed out and sold it out from under me. You sure are a stand up guy... Maybe if I would have made a bigger deal of it this guy might have searched and seen how stand up you really are...I wanted to give you the benefit of doubt.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
You talking about the calypso coupe and your silver 03? I liked your car! And I even told you I had a few people wanting to buy the coupe. It's not like I left you hanging! I told you I found another car! Which I did, and I felt it was a much better deal, there was no money swapped or titles.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just give the guy his money back. Give him his money back and apologize. It goes a long way. The ONLY person who loses here is edtootall. He is out his time, travel expenses, AND the deposit. If the car is such a great deal like Bryanstangz says it is, maybe HE will buy it. Regardless, you should have no issue selling it if it's like either of you suggest. So what exactly be out by refunding his money?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just give the guy his money back. Give him his money back and apologize. It goes a long way. The ONLY person who loses here is edtootall. He is out his time, travel expenses, AND the deposit. If the car is such a great deal like Bryanstangz says it is, maybe HE will buy it. Regardless, you should have no issue selling it if it's like either of you suggest. So what exactly be out by refunding his money?
Getting my money back would make me feel like my silence was being bought. Screw that, I'm calling a spade a spade. He knew the paint was crap, no doubt in my mind. The real question in my mind is, if he lied about the paint, what else is wrong with the car that you CAN'T see.

T5Z (I bought new from Summit. Never on slicks or powershifted)
Turns out this is just a copy and paste from the guys ad he bought it from. That information didn't come out until I drove 800 miles to come look at it. The fact remains the guys tried pulling a fast one. Bet when I drove away he never thought I'd post the TRUE details for everyone to see.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Getting my money back would make me feel like my silence was being bought. Screw that, I'm calling a spade a spade. He knew the paint was crap, no doubt in my mind. The real question in my mind is, if he lied about the paint, what else is wrong with the car that you CAN'T see.
Understood. However it's done and you have let everyone know. Now he needs to TRY and make things right. To start, he can apologize and give you back your deposit. You won't get back the time you wasted, nor the gas money. It sucks, but that's the risk you take anytime you buy a car long distance. This reminds me of an expensive trip that I flew out to DFW to buy a car that was in nowhere near the condition described. $1500 gone. So I feel your frustration.

Turns out this is just a copy and paste from the guys ad he bought it from. That information didn't come out until I drove 800 miles to come look at it. The fact remains the guys tried pulling a fast one. Bet when I drove away he never thought I'd post the TRUE details for everyone to see.
He should have know the paint condition. I agree. Maybe it wasn't a big deal to HIM, but he should have known better and described it better. Maybe he was trying to pull a fast one. Regardless... He needs to take a step in the right direction now. By not trying to make things right, it makes him look dishonest as he had nothing to lose but you did. It didn't cost him anything to sit on the car while you drove to get it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You talking about the calypso coupe and your silver 03? I liked your car! And I even told you I had a few people wanting to buy the coupe. It's not like I left you hanging! I told you I found another car! Which I did, and I felt it was a much better deal, there was no money swapped or titles.
Nope, did not leave me hanging you just made a deal over the phone then backed out. Call me old fashion but my word is Gospel unlike yours...I dont care because I made a better deal later and traded for a $30K race motor its just the principle of the thing...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nope, did not leave me hanging you just made a deal over the phone then backed out. Call me old fashion but my word is Gospel unlike yours...I dont care because I made a better deal later and traded for a $30K race motor its just the principle of the thing...
Well I'm glad it worked out best for you also,

I did give him his deposit back. I offered to pay for half his gas!! He can think what ever he wants, I thought it was factory paint like I was told when I got the car! If I was trying to "pull one" on him why even tell him the hatch was repainted!! Cuz that's what I was told! I told him when he was at my house I felt bad about the whole deal and I described the car as I thought it to be. I sent him pics of eveything he wanted! I wasn't trying to hide anything!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts