Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has a Pre-73 turbo car (mustang in general)? I want Idea's for my project (65 Coupe). I want forced induction but turbo setups are still somewhat a mystery for me with the classic Fords.

Pic's are definitely welcome! Post 'em up!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I don't have a classic but built a non classic.
So first, are you interested in staying carbed or going going to FI? You can build quite a nice simple carbed setup that makes great power.
Erich

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do plan on installing EFI on the motor, one for being able to tune everything via laptop (planning on MegaSquirt) and the car will be driven up until it snows (Cold starts get old fast...)

·
Registered
461 Posts
There's a guy on the turbo forums with a 67 (i think) coupe, blow through car that is very cool. It's a home made kit and I saw him run at norwalk a couple years ago. W based motor that went low 10's on the brake due to rules. I can't find the site he sent me, but i have pics i'll upload of it

·
Registered
461 Posts
Found it, it's a 68, not 67.

Pretty simple build really being "logs" and all. He was laying down some awesome times

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Simple and elegant. That is one reason not to rush into efi.
Erich

·
Registered
986 Posts
wow, i'm famous. :cool:
thanks for posting the pics darth. i'm switching over to efi now.
10secgoal builds kits for our cars. i'm not sure if he post here, but he's on stanget.com and turbomustangs.com

i'll be happy to answer any ?'s.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
10secgoal builds kits for our cars. i'm not sure if he post here, but he's on stanget.com and turbomustangs.com

First i've seen pics of the car and engine Paul - very very nice!!!!

Aaron

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
twofast, I love your setup. I have seen it before on Turbomustangs, and it is really what got me interested. How much time and effort was involved in making the headers?

·
Registered
986 Posts
twofast, I love your setup. I have seen it before on Turbomustangs, and it is really what got me interested. How much time and effort was involved in making the headers?
thanks. a local guy did my headers, so it wasn't much effort for me at all. lol. i did make the merge, though. that takes the most time/effort by far.

·
Registered
461 Posts

Not a problem. It's a very cool car.

Are you selling the carb?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts