Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone dealt with Grundy, Chubbs or Hagerty to insure your car? Hagerty was $600 a year but Grundy and Chubbs was under $300. Anyone had any claims with them or any problems? Looking for insurance on my 85.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Been with Hagerty for 6 yrs, ever since I lost my old Mustang and had an ongoing dispute with the old, standard insurance co regarding value.

Have had one comprehensive claim for the hood flying up on the highway with Hagerty. Was handled expeditiously, professionally and with an eye on making things right, regardless of the cost. Best insurance experience of my life. One of the few cheques I don't mind writing, even though it's not for car parts, lol.

Pay $740/yr CAD, agreed value of $ 40 000, but will increase that, given the level of the build.

Note: Many enthusiasts spend all their time, effort and money on building a killer ride and then are more concerned with the cost of premiums than the actual coverage and benefits. I would recommend Hagerty to anyone who has a valuable and difficult to replace classic or modded ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have Hagerty also, knock on wood I have not had to file a claim, so I can't comment on their service. It ended up being cheaper than when I insured it with AAA with better coverage and agreed upon value.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Grundy on my 68 Barracuda. Have it insured for an agreed value of $25k, cost $240 per year.

They were real easy to deal with. Filled out the application, sent a check and sent them pictures, done. Get the renewal in January, due the end of March and pay on line.

I have not had to make a claim but several people I know have and they have been real good to them. A buddy had his 57 Chevy parked in front of a restaurant when someone drove into the back at 35 mph. I figured it was totaled, Grundy asked if he wanted it totaled or fixed. He said fixed and they recommended a shop which we are both are familiar with. Shop dealt directly with Grundy and my buddy never saw a bill.

Also, when I was comparing Grundy was the least expensive and had the fewest driving restrictions.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
I can tell you that I had Grundy Worldwide and had a major claim/total loss. I have never had an easier or more pleasant dealing with an insurance company than I did with that loss. You made the right choice going with Grundy. Unfortunately, do to the major loss, I couldn't get them the last go around so I have Hagerty. Hagerty still seems decent, but the rates and restrictions are much more than Grundy.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now Grundy saying they can only do $20,000 but have $30,000 into the car. So I went with Hagerty.They did no questions asked. More money but I want to be covered.

·
Please call me Mike
1,567 Posts
I went with hagerty for two reasons:

1) seems like everyone has had good experices with them, uncle recommended them also.

2) high octane tow package. I don't have a pickup so if I am out and something happens they will tow any of my cars up to 150 miles. (Even back to my house).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts