Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I think they need to change the Camaros name.Reason being The ZL1 wasnt a corner carver if they are using the name to bring back it from 69.They complain in a couple of mags saying it wasn't to line up with the GT500.Lets see it used to be z28/Mustang Gt , Z28 SS/Cobra and whatever else above /Shelby gt500. If the ZL1 is to be better in the public eye it need to come stock with more horses that'll put it on par with the gt500.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I must be getting old. All I care is if that ZL1 has a chance at the stoplight or highway when I get my '13 Shelby. Handling....never entered in my mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I must be getting old. All I care is if that ZL1 has a chance at the stoplight or highway when I get my '13 Shelby. Handling....never entered in my mind.
And the answer is no, no chance in HEdouble hockey sticks. It stands no chance in the drag portion, NOR the road-race portion. These people love to, whatever reason, dig on the Ford line-up. But they CAN'T hate on this car, so they just talk over things.....

·
Registered
424 Posts
And the answer is no, no chance in HEdouble hockey sticks. It stands no chance in the drag portion, NOR the road-race portion. These people love to, whatever reason, dig on the Ford line-up. But they CAN'T hate on this car, so they just talk over things.....
It is really kind of funny. Back in the days when the fuelie 5.0 came out (yeah..I know 1986) the only question was whether or not the camaro (iroc) would beat the 5.0 from a dig, or a roll (and of course at the dragstrip). It was very close back then even though the camaro had more power. There was ZERO mention of who would win on a road course...and most of the time people were like "road course?" who cares..none of us are racing each other on a road course with a stock car. We want bragging rights where the car spends 99.999% of its time (on the street) and that's how it was.:king:

Now to present day..the current Shelby COMPLETELY trounces the camaro on the street..from a roll..a dig..and don't even mention drag strip, because it even looks worse for a camaro (because it is so official with the time and trapspeeds glaring out to the stands). The camaro crowd now can only come up with...well it out handles the Shelby on the track(road course) when the magazines tested it..you got to be kidding me..that sounds pretty weak:lol:. My response..who is going to take a stock car to a road course??? It is all about the street most of the time for these cars and that is where the comparison should be (and at the dragstrip).

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is really kind of funny. Back in the days when the fuelie 5.0 came out (yeah..I know 1986) the only question was whether or not the camaro (iroc) would beat the 5.0 from a dig, or a roll (and of course at the dragstrip). It was very close back then even though the camaro had more power. There was ZERO mention of who would win on a road course...and most of the time people were like "road course?" who cares..none of us are racing each other on a road course with a stock car. We want bragging rights where the car spends 99.999% of its time (on the street) and that's how it was.:king:

Now to present day..the current Shelby COMPLETELY trounces the camaro on the street..from a roll..a dig..and don't even mention drag strip, because it even looks worse for a camaro (because it is so official with the time and trapspeeds glaring out to the stands). The camaro crowd now can only come up with...well it out handles the Shelby on the track(road course) when the magazines tested it..you got to be kidding me..that sounds pretty weak:lol:. My response..who is going to take a stock car to a road course??? It is all about the street most of the time for these cars and that is where the comparison should be (and at the dragstrip).
" " (Quoted for truth) And AYUP! On the street is where these cars will see any type of battle. And the Mustangs win the way EASILY. And on the road-course, that cheap-maro wouldn't stand a chance against the GT500!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts