Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choosing a blower pulley/w bigger crank pulley

I need some input on choosing a blower pulley size, I did the 8 rib conversion so my crank is now 7inches, opposed to the stock one at 5 1/4. I have a vortech v2 with 928motorsport Billit wheel and ceramic bearings and I'm running an intercooler, I want to run 10psi, I've search but haven't come up with A definite answer. And how much will a bigger crank have on psi On a stock vortech pully?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Simple math will figure it out for you. Since you gave a stock crank pulley size, but not the S/C pulley size, I will make one up to show you how to figure out the ratio. With a 5.4" crank pulley and a 3" S/C pulley gives you a ratio of: 1.8 (5.4 ÷ 3) so with a 7" crank pulley you need a S/C pully that is 3.88" in dia to get the same 1.8 crank to S/C ratio. (7÷3.88)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the replay saleen, but it appears my crank pulley that was on my car might have been part of an under drive kit since it's only 5 1/4 outside diameter, and the Oem GT is 7inches outside diameter. And my 8 rib crank is also 7 inches. So I would be able to use a 3.33 pulley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts