Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just finished my 94 mustang gt 67mm turbo build.....problem i'm having is the only way the car will run is if i have full throttle pressed down to start and run the car(i have to trun the car off right away because i dont want to foul out the pluggs). The car is running super rich and dumping fuel. I have 60lb injectors and a 07 mustang gt blow thru MAF which is calibrated for 24lb injectors.

Question i have is since i have a 24lb calibrated MAF and 60lb injectors, is this why its running so rich and dumping fuel???

Could i get an sct chip (which tuner s using anyways) to fix the calibrating and have them do a safe tune for 6psi turbo car just to get the car to idle and run decent???

I am getting the car tuned at Ramseys Performance Shop in Tampa FL (he uses sct programmer to dyno tune cars), but i was wondering if there is way to at least idle the car decently without fowling out the pluggs so i can check for leaks in the exhaust and etc...???

I have my fuel pressure set to 40psi on the dot so as a bandaid could i also drop the fuel psi to like 15 temporarely just to run the car and again just to check for exhaust leaks, rattling, leaks, etc....????

·
Registered
535 Posts
Have the maf calibrated for 60's. Then the car should run fine. You have to remember the Total timing will still be way too high and you won't no for sure what WOT fueling will be. As far as running and checking for leaks, you should be good to go. As along as you don't get into boost, you should be fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try that, also to with the dyno tune can they change the calibrating of the MAF or do they just remap the ecu to compensate

·
Registered
448 Posts
you have to send in the maf and have it recalibrated. your tuner won't be able to change that. He can make adjustments to the maf scalars while burning the chip for the tune, but not the software in the maf itself. Call pro-m.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stopped by the tuner today and got an sct chipped from him with a basic tune....Hopefully this works just to get it running at least....Then its of to the Dyno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts