Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions that i cannot answer and am having a hard time trying to find help elsewhere on the web. If i post up the questions, can anybody help me out???

Here they are.

1) Calculate the final concentration of solute when 25.0mL of 3.0M of carbose solution and 37.0mL of 2.5M carbose solution are mixed and then diluted to 500 mL with water.

2)When 0.100L of 3.0M H2S solution is added to a solution of 500mL of 6.00M Ba(OH)2 a reaction occurs according to the equation below:

H2S(aq) + Ba(OH)2(aq) --> BaS(s) + H2O(l)

a)What concentration of Ba(OH)2 solution is left after complete precipitation of BaS?

b)What is the mass of BaS precipitated?

(This one ive already balanced the equation but i just have to write the ionic and net ionic equation, so ill just write out the balanced equation)
3)2(NH4)3PO4 + 3HgSO4 -->3(NH4)2SO4 + Hg3(PO4)2

4)A 0.608g sample of fertilizer contained nitrogen as ammonium sulfate, (NH4)2SO4. It was analyzed for nitrogen by heting with sodium hydroxide.

(NH4)2SO4(s) + 2NaOH(aq) --> Na2SO4(aq) + 2H2O(l) + 2NH3(g)

The ammonia was collected in 46.3mL of 0.213M HCl with which it reacted.

NH3(g) + HCl(aq) --> NH4Cl(aq)

The solution was titrated with for excess HCl requiring 44.3mL of 0.128M NaOH.

NaOH(aq) + HCl(aq) --> NaCl(aq) + H2O(l)

What is the percentage of nitrogen in the fertilizer?

any help would be greatly appreciated. i actually have no clue how to do any of this.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
For number 3, post the original chemical equation, and indicate the species (aqueous, gaseous, solid, liquid) because I'm not sure about your balanced equation, and you need to identify spectator ions for the net ionic equation.

For problem one (I just did one real quick for ya) use the formula M(conc)V(conc)=M(dil)V(dil)

Convert each to a liter value (from mL's by dividing by 1000)

You get:

(.025)(3.0)+(.037)(2.5)=(.500)X

Solve for X = .335M

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I don't think she could've helped...at all.

So I guess no one is interested. I know somebody knows how to do this stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If you SPENT 5 MINS searching with Google, you would learn what you have to know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Studying has never been easy and it is equally true nowadays, when students are forced to adjust to very demanding schedules. Many of them combine their studies with internships or are forced to work in order to pay for tuition. Family life may be another complicating factor in terms of free time. On top of these, virtually every student is confronted occasionally with a tough deadline or an exceptionally difficult task that may steal an amount of time disproportionate to its importance. This is especially true when such tasks overlap with important exams. It is because of this that I use the service https://edubirdie.com/case-study-writing-service. The guys help me with written cases, which very often help me do my homework in college as quickly and efficiently as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts