Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
yeah, my cobra can do that, on street tires, in the rain, uphill both ways! :)

Seriously, that is an awesome picture. Whats the power plant? And their aint no IRS under that biatch :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
UGOTBIT said:
2v motor Novi 2000. Stock Cams. Modmax Springs and valves
gah! another 2v dressing like a snake. Well, at least this one has some really really sharp fangs! Modmax stuff looks like its damn good shiznit though, im impressed with their work, and not only because they are upstaging that canook we all love to grumble about. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Say bye bye to that front splitter...

32VfromHell said:
yeah, my cobra can do that, on street tires, in the rain, uphill both ways! :)
Until you break a half shaft or clutch cable!! :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
no dude, it was much worse than we both thought. My clutch is in about 10000000000000000 different pieces. Something seriously went wrong on this brand spankin new clutch.

You still searching for a tranny? Some people are selling some for like 200 bucks man!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I said it was your clutch, but you didn't believe me!! OH well...I'll sell you my stock 10.5" clutch setup;) It'll work..i swear!! What are you going to get now??

I just bought a tranny from MidnightRunner off of our board...

·
Registered
4 Posts
The car is a V6 rolling chassis I got from Ford, then I added the Cobra R parts (which are real pieces). Don Walsh Jr, Cito and Saso from Walsh Motorsports helped me put the car together.
Engine is a 2000 4.6 2V where we put in a Cobra crank/oil pump, Manley rods and JE pistons from ProPower. I'm using a 2002 Explorer block to save weight over the stock iron block. Heads are 100% stock untouched except for ModMax springs/titanium retainers. Not even a valve job on them.... yet ;)
I'm running a Bullitt intake with the stock Bullitt throttle body and a Pro-M 75mm Bullit MAF with 42# injectors and a Weldon 2025.. a 1999 Cobra EEC is in the thing. CPR supplied the fuel rails which work perfect.
A NOVI 2000 with stock pullies (required by rules) is out front and it's driven by a 6 rib belt which slips like a mofo. Pushrod guys in my class can run 8 rib blower drive.. GRRRR! We've broken the stock belt tensioner twice so far (1 in Columbus, 1 yesterday at Norwalk.. didn't even get to make a pass). Skinny Kid is making me a real tensioner for the thing and hopefully it don't break in half like the cheap cast Ford parts (I know.. they aren't designed for this purpose).
Tranny is a really, really old worn out 3550 pro shifted by Liberty which popped out of 1st gear in 2nd round elims @ Columbus. Pro shifted TKO+ goes in on Monday.

Rear suspension is UPR Pro seires kit tweaked by Kieth Engling @ Skinny Kid Race Cars (who also did the awsome chassis/cage work among other things). It's gets 1.38-1.39 60' times right now.
Ignition is 2 MSD DIS-4's with 4 tach adapters (&^%@#*&^%@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Qualifying at Columbus it ran a 10.55 @ 126 losing alot of top end steam as the belt starts to fall apart and boost drops to around 6 PSI. It weighed in at 3155#'s (50#'s too heavy).
As for the splitter hitting the ground.. we've got the Koni's adjusted so it comes down pretty easy.. hasn't hit it hard.. yet.

Hopefully I'll have the car at WFC next week if we can get the belt issues resolved.

Mike Wesley - AutoLogic

·
Registered
4 Posts
The car is a V6 rolling chassis I got from Ford, then I added the Cobra R parts (which are real pieces). Don Walsh Jr, Cito and Saso from Walsh Motorsports helped me put the car together.
Engine is a 2000 4.6 2V where we put in a Cobra crank/oil pump, Manley rods and JE pistons from ProPower. I'm using a 2002 Explorer block to save weight over the stock iron block. Heads are 100% stock untouched except for ModMax springs/titanium retainers. Not even a valve job on them.... yet ;)
I'm running a Bullitt intake with the stock Bullitt throttle body and a Pro-M 75mm Bullit MAF with 42# injectors and a Weldon 2025.. a 1999 Cobra EEC is in the thing. CPR supplied the fuel rails which work perfect.
A NOVI 2000 with stock pullies (required by rules) is out front and it's driven by a 6 rib belt which slips like a mofo. Pushrod guys in my class can run 8 rib blower drive.. GRRRR! We've broken the stock belt tensioner twice so far (1 in Columbus, 1 yesterday at Norwalk.. didn't even get to make a pass). Skinny Kid is making me a real tensioner for the thing and hopefully it don't break in half like the cheap cast Ford parts (I know.. they aren't designed for this purpose).
Tranny is a really, really old worn out 3550 pro shifted by Liberty which popped out of 1st gear in 2nd round elims @ Columbus. Pro shifted TKO+ goes in on Monday.

Rear suspension is UPR Pro Series kit tweaked by Kieth Engling @ Skinny Kid Race Cars (who also did the awsome chassis/cage work among other things). It's gets 1.38-1.39 60' times right now.
Ignition is 2 MSD DIS-4's with 4 tach adapters (&^%@#*&^%@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Qualifying at Columbus it ran a 10.55 @ 126 losing alot of top end steam as the belt starts to fall apart and boost drops to around 6 PSI. It weighed in at 3155#'s (50#'s too heavy).
As for the splitter hitting the ground.. we've got the Koni's adjusted so it comes down pretty easy.. hasn't hit it hard.. yet.

Hopefully I'll have the car at WFC next week if we can get the belt issues resolved.

Mike Wesley - AutoLogic

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nice car!!

RS-7 said:
and a Pro-M 75mm Bullit MAF with 42# injectors and a Weldon 2025.. a 1999 Cobra EEC is in the thing. CPR supplied the fuel rails which work perfect.
Is the MAF meter in a blow-through configuration?
Is the fuel system returnless or return-style?

Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
yeah, the ford belt tensioners really really suck. In fact, i think mine is about to go, its squeaking and twisting like a mofo now, and a few of my friends have snapped theirs on mildly modified street cars, even the "upgraded" steel ones, not the cheap cast aluminum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Currently the fuel system is setup as a return style but I'll switch it to returnless eventually.. keeping the Weldon on there.

We have to use a draw through MAF.. 75mm max.

Long tube headers are not allowed and right now I have FRP shorties on it. I WILL switch to somethign else as on these headers, the #8 primary actually points toward the front of the engine. Seems kinda counterproductive to me but it's all we had at the time. Max exhaust diameter is 2.5".. can't have anything larger than that period. Oh.. they do allow 3" tailpipes on the newer cars.. but I'm not putting those on.

·
Registered
398 Posts
mike,
long time no see. congrats on finally getting a car up and running and out racing. it looks excellant. throw some jba's on there and get rid of those motorsport manifolds, they are better than stock, but that # 8 does suck, no room in there based on fords design constraints and cost constraints... you need a true header.
-tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts