Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to set a budget . I want a autocross/road racer mustang . I want to know the cheapest way to get there . It needs to have atlest 240hp . I am thinking of maybe starting with a 65 V8 coupe and building from there . But what are your suggestions ? This will not be a daily driver , or a show car contender . I would prefer it to be a classic though .So what kinda products should I be looking for as far as suspension goes. ? Thanks

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
The cheapest way to get a 240hp track car would be to start with a modern car, which will have better brakes, a better, stiffer chassis, more room for big rubber, and probably more performance parts availability (not that there's not plenty of parts on the market for classics, but that's primarily resto parts, not performance parts from what I've seen).

·
Registered
998 Posts
96-98 Cobra.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
My car has 246hp and a 50 state legal exhaust. :confused:

Stock lower half, E cam, Edelbrock heads 24lb injectors and 75mm pro-m.

Not an earth shattering undertaking in any way.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Last week there was two full Griggs GR-40 Fox cars on Ebay. Both caged ready to go racing. The prices were fairly cheap for what the cars were.
One of them had been in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords I think.
Buying some ones used track car can save you allot of money.( or cost you allot of money ) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts