Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up installing my Roush S/C (SVO) and ran in to some problems. Volts peg the meter when driving, ABS light comes on when you gas it, radios amp shuts off, cruise control doesn't work. When installing the S/C I found that the alternators shaft was bent and was afraid this would cause problems, so I replaced it. Could it be a bad alternator problem?
Mac h-pipe (w/mil eliminators)
Flowmaster cat-back
FRPP 3.73 gears
Mac shifter
Mac springs
Cobra R rims

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I installed my SVO SC and had none of the problems you have run into. I would check ovet the wiring harness to make sure nothing got cut or unplugged during the install. The alternator can be checked by most parts stores and I know walmart will check it for free.
You can also try disconnecting the battery and disconnect/reconnect the computer then reconnect the battery. You may just have a bad signal there.

Good luck, Dwayne

·
Registered
22 Posts
!!!

MY car is doing the same thing! I just installed a KB SC on my 96 Cobra. so its overchargine? All of the sudden the car wil stutter and the radio will thud and the lights will flash etc...

·
Registered
906 Posts
i hope I don't run into that problem with my roush s/c intall this weekend.

You are the first I've hear about having problems with the svo/roush roots blower install.

By the way......how do you like the s/c????? Feel a big difference at 6#'s?????

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The install is pretty simple. Looks (& feels) great. I returned my alternator and got another one. I'm going disconnect & reconnect my EEC and triple check all my electrical connections around the EEC. I hope Roush isn't lying to me. I had to purchased a 98 man. installation kit because they were out of the 96's. They told me the difference between the kits was the fuel pump and everything else will work. It anyone as a EEC for the 96 man. trans. SVO S/C laying around could you post all the numbers on it? Thank You.

·
Registered
906 Posts
the only difference is the fuel pump. Don't worry, they didn't lie to you.

ALSO, how and where did you get that extra part that is missing from their kits.....i think it's a water hole plug or something. I need to get mine and my ford dealership has no idea what I am talking about.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I exchanged my alternator for a new one. I just told them it was bad since they didn't have any kind of test equipment. Checked & filled cell level in battery. Clean terminals & charged battery. Disconnected EEC & checked the small needle connectors in eec wire harness. Reconnected EEC wire harness & checked the connection on the other wiring connection. Connected battery & started her up. Followed owners manual for resetting the EEC. Everything works! Couldn't run it to hard because it was raining.
The hole in the passenger rear intake is normal and is OK to be left open. Roush told me its a dummy hole so Ford could use the same intake gasket on both sides.

Flowmaster cat-back
FRPP 3.73 gears
Mac shifter
Mac springs
Cobra R rims

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My kit came with a intake coolant fill plug and it fit fine.
(the plug with the o-ring)
Flowmaster cat-back
FRPP 3.73 gears
Mac shifter
Mac springs
Cobra R rims

·
Registered
552 Posts
My kit came with a intake coolant fill plug and it fit fine.
Yeah, the Roush kits don't some with this plug. I had to go to the hardware store and get a brass pipe plug.

Do any of you guys have some dyno numbers or time slips. I am thinking of getting a blower and toying with the idea of a roots style.
I made 315rwhp and 329ft*lbs with 5psi boost and a custom tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts